Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, thanks for reading, I have a 2004 WRX V Limited automatic.
tonight when I pulled into my driveway I was idling and randomly felt like the car stalled and the power light and AWD Light flashed for .5 of a second, then it reved up, it was doing it every 1-2 minutes. AWD Light and POWER Light, reved down then reved up, it’s like the car thinks it was off for a minute. I don’t have any other symptoms. The drive home was from work 10 mins highway driving and 5 mins stop and go. This is a screenshot from the video I caught it on. These lights were on for barely a second, reved up to 1100, then back to normal idle
UPDATE
I took it for another drive, was shifting very strange, then put it in park at home, idled for around 2 mins, flashed the lights again and then died… and this stall didn’t bog down, it’s like I literally took the key out, instantly turned off. Rpm’s dropped so fast.

not sure where to start on this! Thanks!
Speedometer Tachometer Gauge Trip computer Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes, electrical gremlins stink................

Wish I had a solid answer other than disconnecting battery and see if it "resets" anything?
Yeah, later today I will do a bunch of first step diag on this, disconnecting the battery to let the ecu reset, check all connections, I’ll do a battery and alternator test and get back to this thread with an update.
it’s so crazy cause I was actually just about to sell this to someone and the issue came upon.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: I disconnected the battery for 10 mins, checked the maf sensor, made sure all the connections are tight, I didn’t end up doing a battery or alternator test. But I after hooking the battery back up and letting it relearn idle for 10 mins and reaching operating temp, I took it for a drive then parked and it didn’t stall, no lights were flashing, nothing.

I don’t know if I’m more scared or happy it’s gone, cause I didn’t do anything besides disconnected the battery. I didn’t take it for a long drive just around the block from first To third gear. Praying for it to just have been a little fault in the ecu and it needed a reset.

i will keep this updated if it happens again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts