Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a 2004 wrx with a ej207 swap.i personally installed everything with my friend and owner of the car.we took every precaution only to be foiled by a bad tuner!hears a little back story on the build.after we did the swap and used the jdm ecu we drove it 2hrs away to one of the best subaru mechanics in my area "another friend"he did a compression test, changed plugs, drove it a bit and noticed that he heard spark knock.he explained it to me as the popcorn sound in muffler.we didnt take car over 8lbs because he also found we had some vac lines wrong and we knew it needed tune.he said all our compression numbers were spot on and it was ready to go to dyno.we researched alot and chose his recommended tuner .we tell them about the issue and even state it on the waiver the make you sign.they also needed it 1 day before so they can do there tests to make sure its good to go.so up ti this pount our motor was running perfect put about 400 miles on it and put fresh mobil 1 in her just need tune so we can have some fun with it safely.first pull on dyno the tuner takes it to 7100rpm without doing any changes to tune.they said they put a "safe map"then second pull lost oil pressure and made junk.i will post datalogs and see if anyone can tell me if im wrong in thinking that it was blown up by the tuner who did notice the amount of knock and caused detonation. This is costing my friend alot and the tuner said that we must have got a bad motor!!we cut up oil filters and no traces of anything.tell me what you all think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts