Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was white smoking really bad at an autox event. My PCV system went out. I got the IAG AOS system and installed the other day . Car still smokes a little at start ups and reving the car. Car sits in garage 6 days a week. Will car still smoke cause the old oil still in system? I have no driving the car on the street yet. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm no expert here, but replacing your PCV was a good start. I don't think you would know with certainty if the fouled PCV caused excessive oil to be pushed into your exhaust and cause white smoke unless you do compression and leak-down test.

You could run it down the highway at operating temp for a while to see if burns the excess oil of out your exhaust. If the engine blows-up you'll have your answer. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s fixed now PCV was the issue. With a little over full on oil. No knock in motor so I wasn’t worried about it blowing. Car still pulls hard and if it was going to blows it gives you signs with power prior to explosion. PCV blew oil in the BOV and intercooler which was cause the smoke after installing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts