Subaru WRX Forum banner

Where to get pro tune

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  je03672 
#1 ·
Been looking to get my car pro tuned and a buncha parts thrown on. Currently the car has grimmspeed j pipe, tomei cat back, cobb intake and pro tuned at dyno tech. The parts I have ready to go on the cat is killer b headers with dual waste gates, turbo xs fmic, tvg/egr deletes, internal waste gate bracket, clutch kit and aos. Where should I go for a pro tune. Not to comfortable e tunning but Deff am willing if someone talks me through it. But again I would rather get it pro tuned. I emailed Bren tunning and they said they won’t tune my car unless it’s a dedicated race car that is trailered in with no plates. I can’t tell if that was their was of saying **** off or if they were telling me just to remove the plates and trailer it in. Please help

#2 ·
No reputable pro-tuner or e-tuner turner is going to touch your street car as you described it these days. You'll have to replace the environmental related components at a minimum including the J-pipe with OEM or certified parts as a starting point. Forget the TGV/EGR deletes. Those must remain on the car as supplied by the manufacturer.

Also, this forum tends to be somewhat light in activity. You'll probably get more timely and helpful answers from clubwrx.net, or better yet, nasioc.com, as they are more active communities.

Best of luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.