Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2011 wrx from a dealership a couple years back. They didn’t have much information on it as they bought it from a bank auction (apparently it was repossessed from previous owner ). I recently went to replace the clutch and to my surprise, it’s a different transmission than the original , not even the same year. I believe it’s from a 2002-2005 wrx. I need help figuring out what clutch to buy for it ( I just want oem). Here’s the part# off the tranny - HC-TY754VBAAA
Ps. The parts manager at the Subaru dealership is stumped. He tried running the number in their system with no luck. I just want to drive my baby again….

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Mako. I saw that but wasn’t sure if it would be safe to assume that nothing has changed for that tranny for 3 years. Should I just order a clutch kit for a 2005 and hope for the best? Or does someone know for sure that it doesn’t matter which year I order 2002-2005

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mako. I saw that but wasn’t sure if it would be safe to assume that nothing has changed for that tranny for 3 years. Should I just order a clutch kit for a 2005 and hope for the best? Or does someone know for sure that it doesn’t matter which year I order 2002-2005
Forgive me as it’s been a while, but I do remember small gear upgrades in late 04 if my memory serves.. however the WRX clutch should all be the same..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgive me as it’s been a while, but I do remember small gear upgrades in late 04 if my memory serves.. however the WRX clutch should all be the same..
thanks for the information! Yes I received confirmation that the clutch from 2002-2005 are identical. So I’ll be ordering a kit with new flywheel just in case. I replaced the clutch about 15 months ago and it’s already done. It’s an excedy stage 1heavy duty kit and either it was a bad installation on the garages part or a bad kit from factory. Also could be the fact that they told me the flywheel was fine and didn’t need to be refinished or replaced, or a rear main leaking oil and getting the clutch wet ( praying it’s not that)…. But we will see when I get it replaced. The clutch that was in in before last for 2.5+ years. And I beat the crap out of it but I have no idea what it was otherwise I’d order the same one. Trying OEM this time. It’s cheaper and people swear by it even with the modifications done to my car (k&n cyclone intake , custom top mount intercooler, 3”turbo back exhaust withCatless down pipe with dual flow master mufflers, pro-tune and who knows what els done to the car).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts