Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have an sti intercooler and Cobb cold air intake . I was looking to get an Invidia exhaust next. What else would y'all start doing?

·
Registered
477 Posts
That depends on what you want from your car.

If you're going for sound, a catback is a good way to do that.

If you want power, a downpipe is usually best buck for the bang since you can go straight to Stage 2 with a notable bump in power especially if you get a protune.

Stage 2 cars are very fun, significantly more fun than stock and enough to keep a very large portion of wrx owners happy enough to stay at those figures :).

Key note: make sure you are one way or another tuned for all your mods, especially that intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That depends on what you want from your car.

If you're going for sound, a catback is a good way to do that.

If you want power, a downpipe is usually best buck for the bang since you can go straight to Stage 2 with a notable bump in power especially if you get a protune.

Stage 2 cars are very fun, significantly more fun than stock and enough to keep a very large portion of wrx owners happy enough to stay at those figures :).

Key note: make sure you are one way or another tuned for all your mods, especially that intake.
If I wanted to get both which one should I get first?

·
Registered
477 Posts
If I wanted to get both which one should I get first?
Doing ONLY the downpipe will allow you to move up to Stage 2 (with a Stage 2 tune of course) which will nicely bump up your power. Doing the cat-back exhaust will make it louder (but catback exhaust does not require a tune).

Choose your poison :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts