Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best lowering springs, Im thinking of either eibach or tein-s? Do either of them cause a decrease in performance?!Thumbs Up

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
defne decrease in performance.....i have the eibachs, and they ride well for the handling improvement they give....

·
Registered
578 Posts
You got it, Whiteline, Eibach, or Tien are the way to go.

-Kobi

The 3 most repeated things I have to say are now in my sig to save typing an extra 5,000 characters a day:

*** DO NOT upgrade your intake until you upgrade your injectors ***
&
*** DO NOT raise boost until that ugly cat in your uppipe is gone ***
&
*** DO NOT touch your car with any mod if you like your warranty ***

~~ Need any more help? AIM me OR call [# in profile] ~~~

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you haven't spent the money yet...

continue to save your dollars is my suggestion... coil overs (and lowering your WRX) can actually decrease the handling ability. I don't have all the good reasons why, but i listened to an Engineer for Bridgestone's suspension deptartment talk about it once... he says that lowering the car beyond what its designed to be at without adjusted the dampering and stiffness of the suspension can decrease the handling capability... something about the lowering can create a further distance between your cars natural center of gravity and the maximim spring travel distance, or something like that... he sure sounded like he knew what the heck he is talking about... and he's on a team for Brdigestone that is desinging a very special one-of-a-kind suspension system for the WRX... supposed to be some revolutionary improvement in handling for the car... wet/dry on road race, on road touring, and off road dirt... Its an on the dash push-button adjustment for ride height and dampening... (has compressor in fender well)... its not on the market yet (still under devolpment)... but seems to be a great idea... and should trump everthying that's currently on the market... and this guy told me around $3200-$3500... which is very reasonable if you take a look at some of the higher performance suspension systems out there... and of course.. desinged and tested only for the WRX... so you it will work with your car...
check it out..

www.praxissystems.com

And i should say,, i barely knew the guy.. met him at an autocross race, and i have nothing to do with Bridgestone, so i don't really care if they sell this or not... other than i want a set for my car real bad, and i'm not touching the suspension till this is on the market, tested, and proven... i am enthralled with the idea of bein able to adjust the ride of my car at the push of button, and have great racing stability stiffness when desired, but also a soft touring ride for a long trip the car.. just can't beat having the best of all worlds in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
no...only handling......as for the engineering blahblah....i trust a good, quality aftermarket spring company more than a tire company....hehehe. just my penny worth....not enough for two!
JOEY

·
Registered
603 Posts
trust whomever you like

my money's going to praxis... this engineer guy is an autocross fantatic. I listened to him talk about suspension, and how cars handle the road and how tires stick to the road and oversteer, understeer, blah, blah, for about 2 hours... he knows his sh_t. And if he puts it on his car, its because he intends on winning the autocross event for the weekend. Why would a spring company produce and air-ride suspesion system? its like asking why a gasoline powered auto-manufacturer would produce electric powered cars... the market for their product would go to sh_t... Mark my words... When Praxis hits the market.. it will become the UTEC of suspensions for WRX. it is hand's down the most versatile suspension concept ever designed... steel springs/struts require contstant adjustment and changing in and out of parts if you like to autocross on the weekends and drive your car to work during the week. This system will allow those of us who do that to actually compete at the autocross events. Push a button and your more than ready to compete with even the Z06's on the track... up till now, i have the HP to beat the Z06, but not the handling... with praxis... i'll lay smack-down on the Z06... suspension that offers non-existent understeer and all wheel drive and UTEC power... unstoppable

once again... my 2 penny's worth...:cool:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
dude...wont that blow the welds off you intake!? hehehe.....damn i cant wait to cruise sat night...all the civics will keep the cops busy all night long....especially after 2f2f releases out of the theater.....dumbasses!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Yes, there is at least two. I saw it this morning (midnight premiere). In the big scene where all the cars come out of the warehouse the 2 main cars follow a white 99-2000? WRX out of the warehouse, and you get a pretty good shot of it. Also, in a scene where they go to their friend's (Ludachris) garage, the orange APC WRX is in that shot.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thers already a dash mount touch button adjustable setup for coil overs, but the name has slipped my mind right now.

Curiosity, flying down the rock strewn road on your rally cross, flick up a nice sharp rock and it wacks into your suspension air bag and piiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttt. No air. That dosent happen too easily on coil overs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Kobi, I have a 2005 Subaru Wrx and I am looking for a good lowering spring for my daily driver that’s not too low and isn’t too stiff (comfortable for my passengers)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts