Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you are driving and see another WRX do you wave/hand out the window, give the head nod, or do nothing at all?
I give the wave especially if it is another WRB WRX. Lately I havent gotten any wave backs. About 0-10 lately.
I know this is a retarded topic but just wondering if you all wave or not.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. I saw an elderly woman driving a silver WRX, she was wearing those big welders glasses too. I got a huge laugh. I dont think she took it past 3K rpms.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
ill wave back, but i rarly initiate the wave. if i do, i usualy get a wierd look.
they defanitly look intarested, as though it could be someone they know, and then they get close and reliaze its some radom dude and they allmost look shocked.
"why the hell is he waving at me..."

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wave @ every wrx i see and 9/10 times i get a wave back. Sometimes they even wave first :cool: Might just be my area

·
Registered
453 Posts
Air-cooled VWs (Bug, Ghia, Thing, Bus, Type3) wave like 99% of the time to each other
Jeep Wrangler Drivers often wave to each other
Corvette Drivers (usually excluding the most current models) often wave to each other
There are probably others

Anyway I always wave if I see a subaru (excluding soccer moms). I usually get a wave back but WRXs are still pretty uncommon in Texas.

It is funny when I go back and forth driving my Karmann Ghia and my WRX I accidentally wave at WRX drivers in the Ghia and at Bug drivers in the WRX... I get a lot of WRXs racing me in the ghia that way and a lot of confused Bug drivers :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had posted this question a year or so ago..... anyway I always wave to other WRX's and I must admit the only people that wave back are usually the young folks who have their cars modified. Everyone else that has a WRX around here anyway is usually middle aged or older and probably dont even know what kind of car they are driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
I always wave. 75% of them wave back. Mostly the modded WRX's though. I get a honk sometimes !Thumbs Up I've found it's more rare to see STi's wave back, or the women WRX drivers. Middle aged people still wave. :)

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
The wave means your part of a colt now! If I wave first, most of the time it's the people that don't know to wave. I have this one guy I see all the time on my way to work with a 2.5rs (before the wrx) and we wave all the time. It seems that I get more girls to wave other wise it's 50/50

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Unicron said:
I had a rather pretty girl in an STi blow me a kiss the other day.
... and I was all happy that a girl in a black wrx downtown waved back just a few minutes ago. That's my first wave from a chick! !Notfunny!

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Ian said:
You know what they say about a guy with a big exhaust don't you???
I can assume, but what do they say about twin tips? .. i have perrin's twin if you didn't get that :p

beer said:
THE WAV IS DIEING AS PEOPLE BECOME MORE AND MORE STUCK UP ! :eek:
Not as long as we keep it up. I sure will. Even if you don't wave, I will and I'll be cursing about you not waving for atleast the next 2 blocks.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts