Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there new to this car never Owen a turbocharged vehicle so I was driving on the Interstate and I down shifted and numbed the gas pretty hard and the engine light traction light came on and cruise control light was blinking now I believe I over boosted the turbo causing my waste gate to stick closed dose that sound right to anyone please help thanks
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there new to this car never Owen a turbocharged vehicle so I was driving on the Interstate and I down shifted and numbed the gas pretty hard and the engine light traction light came on and cruise control light was blinking now I believe I over boosted the turbo causing my waste gate to stick closed dose that sound right to anyone please help thanks
Steve
if the code says actuator solenoid - that is $40 The ecu is trying to prevent overboost. My son is currently having the same. His 08 wrx would overboost to 20 and then the ecu puts the chill on that. We did replace the soelnoide - that was the code - but that didn't fix the issue. He is running an etune with grimmspeed intake and exhaust- the ECU is trying to adjust the fuel air and wastegate, and i think his foot is the problem. At idle you can push the gate open a bit and see the idle change, but it seems like it should be opening much wider. m

·
Registered
4 Posts
waste gate issues I posted that 9 days ago with no response. To be honest i don't think the forum owners are very active. If this was my forum I would answer enough questions so that here would be traction. If you look at how many posts go unanswered for days or weeks it doesn't look useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts