Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont have a WRX yet but WILL get one soon.
My parents buy a new car for us(my brother and sister) when we finish a year of college and my time is close. I was givin $27,000 and told I would have to pay the rest if I go over said amount. It soon came down to a choice of a Mustang Mach 1, WRX, Lancer Evo. I would like the WRX but need to prove its a safe car (my parents think Im to careless in driving) to drive. We also want it to have long reliable life.

So if anyone has an opinion on Saftey/Long reliable life/or known mechanical problems. It would be helpfull!!

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Booyah!

http://www.iihs.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/0126.htm

Plus there are numerous accounts of people getting into really bad wrecks and walking away unharmed. Plus AWD helps with traction,.. but don't assume you're invincible. A lot of the aforementioned bad wrecks were due to people thinking AWD meant "not gonna crash". If you get in over your head in any car you're asking for trouble.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Youd have to pay the rest... shoot, I got mine for 24,600 out the door (stock, no options). That means you have > $2K for mods you lucky bastid!!!! That's good for a TurboXS stage2. Get the Sub you cant go wrong.

P.S. don't let those sales foos talk you into adding options. Go for after- market parts, they're cheaper than dealer's.

WRXdude

·
Registered
38 Posts
get the rex, so much can be done so quickly to it. its pretty safe, handling is awesome. But like everyone else say's 4wd don't mean invincible.

P.S. ask your dad if he'd pay my car off, I'm a college graduate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Didn't see it mentioned in here but most Subi owners own their vehichle on the average of 10 yrs and Consumer report also said it was the safest car in its class better rated then a Volvo cant get much safer then that but like everyone else mentioned be safe dont just drive like fool cause your car is safe accidents happen but minimize the chances. Drive responsibly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts