Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this program in another forum its called UTI, its supposed to be able to auto tune your car if it has utec and a TXS tuner (its also a better data logger among other things, or so it says.)

http://www.dezignduo.com/UTI/

thats the link to the page

has anyone used this app. before, anyone with substantial experience with it?

if no one has used it before should i give it a try? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
Sounds cool. I might forward it to Nick since he has both the UTEC and TurboXS Tuner.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i would like to give this app. a try but i have to get my tuner working first. If any one tries it let me know how well it works, other wise as soon as i get my tuner fixed ill give you guys a follow up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you really trust a piece of software tuning your investments? May be okay for a basemap. I still suggest a good dyno tune. Or a road tune if you don't have an AWD dyno near you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you even go to the site and see how it worked?

you tell it the #'s you want to acheive and it adjusts the maps to hit those numbers. like psi, a/f ratio etc.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went to the site awhile ago, when the thing was first released. I still personally do not trust it to tune my car. Too many variables that a program can not account for.

·
Registered
964 Posts
hey just a BIG question - how do you tune the car with a dyno? do you change the settings to make the dyno maps better? or is there a systematic approach that you can let me in on please? thanks (not that i'm gonna do it, just wanna know what goes in the shop!)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Yeah, I brought it back from the dead. Get over it. :p

This is actually pretty nice software from what I know about it so far. I just recently got it to work on my laptop. I went through hell with it. That's another story for another day.

I'll put it this way, the guy that coded it knows his stuff about tuning. If you've got a wideband and a good set of eyes, you can use this without worries. For the most part it's just a nicer, easier to use interface. Give it a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found this program in another forum its called UTI, its supposed to be able to auto tune your car if it has utec and a TXS tuner (its also a better data logger among other things, or so it says.)

http://www.dezignduo.com/UTI/

thats the link to the page

has anyone used this app. before, anyone with substantial experience with it?

if no one has used it before should i give it a try? :confused:
I have the TurboXS UTEC and the UTI software (which I actually had to purchase when it was first released). I've been using the base maps for 17 years with no issues on a stage 3 tune. Soon I'll be revisiting my maps and will be data logging using UTI. I plan on giving the auto-tune feature a try and will let everyone know how it works out.

BTW - Does anyone know a WRX tuner out there somewhere that could E-Tune my base UTEC maps based on my datalogs? I'm willing to pay an experienced tuner. It would seem this is possible using the timing/fuel/boost tables and WOT pulls in 3rd gear while logging ... then test and iterate until we have a smooth tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts