Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this program in another forum its called UTI, its supposed to be able to auto tune your car if it has utec and a TXS tuner (its also a better data logger among other things, or so it says.)

http://www.dezignduo.com/UTI/

thats the link to the page

has anyone used this app. before, anyone with substantial experience with it?

if no one has used it before should i give it a try? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Sounds cool. I might forward it to Nick since he has both the UTEC and TurboXS Tuner.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i would like to give this app. a try but i have to get my tuner working first. If any one tries it let me know how well it works, other wise as soon as i get my tuner fixed ill give you guys a follow up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you really trust a piece of software tuning your investments? May be okay for a basemap. I still suggest a good dyno tune. Or a road tune if you don't have an AWD dyno near you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you even go to the site and see how it worked?

you tell it the #'s you want to acheive and it adjusts the maps to hit those numbers. like psi, a/f ratio etc.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went to the site awhile ago, when the thing was first released. I still personally do not trust it to tune my car. Too many variables that a program can not account for.

·
Registered
964 Posts
hey just a BIG question - how do you tune the car with a dyno? do you change the settings to make the dyno maps better? or is there a systematic approach that you can let me in on please? thanks (not that i'm gonna do it, just wanna know what goes in the shop!)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Yeah, I brought it back from the dead. Get over it. :p

This is actually pretty nice software from what I know about it so far. I just recently got it to work on my laptop. I went through hell with it. That's another story for another day.

I'll put it this way, the guy that coded it knows his stuff about tuning. If you've got a wideband and a good set of eyes, you can use this without worries. For the most part it's just a nicer, easier to use interface. Give it a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this program in another forum its called UTI, its supposed to be able to auto tune your car if it has utec and a TXS tuner (its also a better data logger among other things, or so it says.)

http://www.dezignduo.com/UTI/

thats the link to the page

has anyone used this app. before, anyone with substantial experience with it?

if no one has used it before should i give it a try? :confused:
I have the TurboXS UTEC and the UTI software (which I actually had to purchase when it was first released). I've been using the base maps for 17 years with no issues on a stage 3 tune. Soon I'll be revisiting my maps and will be data logging using UTI. I plan on giving the auto-tune feature a try and will let everyone know how it works out.

BTW - Does anyone know a WRX tuner out there somewhere that could E-Tune my base UTEC maps based on my datalogs? I'm willing to pay an experienced tuner. It would seem this is possible using the timing/fuel/boost tables and WOT pulls in 3rd gear while logging ... then test and iterate until we have a smooth tune.

·
Registered
2004 subaru wrx stage 1
2 Posts
hey everyone i need help i just recently got a turboxs utec nom idea what version but i do know its the 02-05wrx utec. now my question is can the remote switch be repaired and also being im from canada b.c. specifically its hard to get my hands on performance parts or accessories so ive gotta kinda make do. i am missing some of the extras from the original kit but have the serial port cable and the remote mount switch for the different maps. i also would like to know about the need for the a.b.c? if anyone is familier with this unit and has a need for it id trade or work with ya. im so new to the wrx world and the disclaimer of this gives you enough control of your engine to blow it up. please i need help guys. i know i forgot something but i know very little about this kind of tuning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey everyone i need help i just recently got a turboxs utec nom idea what version but i do know its the 02-05wrx utec. now my question is can the remote switch be repaired and also being im from canada b.c. specifically its hard to get my hands on performance parts or accessories so ive gotta kinda make do. i am missing some of the extras from the original kit but have the serial port cable and the remote mount switch for the different maps. i also would like to know about the need for the a.b.c? if anyone is familier with this unit and has a need for it id trade or work with ya. im so new to the wrx world and the disclaimer of this gives you enough control of your engine to blow it up. please i need help guys. i know i forgot something but i know very little about this kind of tuning.
I put every TurboXS UTEC resource that I could find on this website - UTEC TurboXS Legacy | Cars4causes

It includes all base maps and some tweaked maps I had found in forums. The UTI GUI is much better than logging via hyperterminal. It wasn't free at the time so I bought it.

As I understand it, if you are using the UTEC for boost control then install the ABC. The stock BCS's spring will only allow for so much boost. Pretty sure this is why they included the ABC controller.

I've had this system installed since 2004 on my 2003 bugeye which I still own. It has never been a problem. I'm running about 16.5 psi on the stock motor, turbo and injectors. The valet and fuel cut features alone are worth having. Hope this helps, as it is now very difficult to find anything about this system these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts