Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an 07 wrx tr and when I first got it it was peppy as any other wrx I’ve driven, but recently it seams like in first I’ll get it on it and it won’t hardly go anywhere but after a second or two it’ll haul ass out of nowhere. Also 2 gear doesn’t pull like it did. Access port says I’m running 11ish pounds but it almost feels like there’s no boost in second. It runs completely fine other than very very rarely will have a rough idle on a cold start but it goes away after it reaches op. temp. Just change plugs, clean MAF and reflashed tune. Not sure if it’s possible edible that I could have slipped a tooth on the timing belt or what. It’s stage 1 so I didn’t know if it maybe has a bad tune or what the deal is. I’m new to Subaru stuff so some help or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sitting in the same position as you except mine is CVT with paddles, everything works fine except when in sport mode I'll get a sluggish launch, in I mode it launches better tbh.. something maybe the previous owner tooled with the turbo? Any ideas??

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an '07 and when it acts like that it has always been bad fuel. Three or four times.

Try an additive or fill up with a brand you trust. I keep a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment in my glove box just in case. The one time I filled up at an Arco I had to buy a 107 octane additive to get rid of it. I don't go there any more.

I've had this reaction from Costco gas too... and usually it is fantastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts