Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with an etune I recently purchased. What is happening is it run fine when I do my 3rd gear data log but if get on the on ramp and accelerate in 3rd to 4500 then shirt to 4th as soon as I get on it again it hesitates really bad. Sometimes it will eventually start pulling again but most times I have to back off. I sent this info to the tuner and told him my rpms keeps going up, down, up, down. He said that means my clutch is slipping. I think if the clutch was slipping it should rev up not keep bouncing up and down. Right now we are at a standstill because they say everything looks good. In the log that I attached you can see that its pulling timing when this happens unless im reading it incorrectly. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Column L is ignition timing

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't see the numbers.... the picture is not clear sorry for my English.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
You need to take the quotes out otherwise it wouldn't let me share the link.

The places highlighted in yellow are what I'm talking about.

"https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M-jrpczJOVUGMsAM2GOWlw-ot9s7mCw0rFzcW8OBSAI/edit?usp=sharing"

·
Registered
6 Posts
You with OEM bcs or aftermarket one?
Did you disconnect the lines from him and reconnect it?
I had something like that before.
Something doesn't make sense you are on 19-20psi but your injectors duty cycle is 20% looks to me low.
What about afr don't you have wideband?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah everything is stock.

What do you mean when you said "Did you disconnect the lines from him and reconnect it"

They said wideband is not needed on the 19's

AFR is in the log. Should be column D

It just seems hit and miss with this tune. Today I did a pull when it was 65 outside and it pulled hard. The only thing I was worried about is the boost it's making after I shift. Ill link the log below.

"https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rp4WFWnUwi_49lgaYVVd-3Y0k0lmU8dfkT2uFbCn2Ro/edit?usp=sharing"

·
Registered
6 Posts
What you should do is go back to the tuner tell him to put back the original map and go for a drive, and see if it's the car or if it's the tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is an etune so he's not close. What did you think of the log I sent? Did anything stand out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also I forgot to mention that I have other tune files that I have loaded and none have the issue. It just makes me mad that I tell him that after spending $350 and all he can say is clutch slip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After dealing with the tuner I decided to talk to the owner and this was his exact response.....

"Tuner says the clutch slips, not much else I can do on this side man unfortunately."

I might file a dispute with my CC company since he doesn't want to do anything about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts