Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 XT

I have a broken stock exhaust on my XT, and a full turbo back 3” with bellmouth down pipe used sitting here that will fit it..

XT is otherwise completely stock..

Have a Tactrix cable on the way..

I have some tuning experience and a decent general understanding of ICE theory and engine management..

I have read about WG creep and plan to port the WG path in the turbine housing to alleviate it..
I also have experience building custom turbochargers, and fabrication experience..

Not really any Subaru specific tuning experience, yet..

I am NOT looking to increase boost or really even to make more power..

I just want to put this exhaust on, because it’s free, it will sound good, and the current one is broken..

I have no emissions testing where I live whatsoever..

Along with deleting the fault codes for everything that has to do with the secondary air injection system, I want to set the ECU up for this exhaust and change the tune however I have to to make it safe and reliable..

1- What all do I have to go about doing to defeat the post cat O2 sensor codes and limp/default tune modes the ECU can be thrown into because of this?

2- What in the tune typically needs to be changed to run an exhaust such as this so it runs well and safely?
Boost control? Fuel map?

Thank you VERY much and I greatly appreciate your tips and advice..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It’s seeming like the only things that should need to be changed are setting the closed loop to open loop delay to zero, and boost control settings to keep boost down..

And then log it a lot and make sure I’m not getting too much boost, boost spikes, and pay close attention to AFRs at lower RPMs where boost may come on sooner than it used to as it may need fueling adjusted there..

And log and pay close attention to knock learning to make sure I’m not getting knock events..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tuning a car is working on the engine, computer and other components to get maximum performance out of it, reducing fuel consumption. The exterior component is also important. I've been seeing a lot of ideas lately from the modified1 service for my car. First, I want to buy rims for the wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts