Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m new to the WRX club but I have been looking at different performance parts and Facebook started offering me parts around the FA20 engine. One was the edelbrock supercharger for the BRZ/FRS which use the fa20 Engine. The question is could that supercharger be fit onto the WRX engine to have a supercharged/turbo WRX. I’m just curious and don’t know how tight the space is or if there are differences between the two engines. I feel like it’s an interesting build but you could obviously just get a larger turbo. But what’s the fun and uniqueness of that right? I appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, it could be done since they are driven separately. The turbo would help the supercharger parasitic loss from being driven. The supercharger would help with turbo lag.
That said, a vvt would solve both issues and given proper boost numbers, I think would run circles around the sup/turbo motor.
$$$$$$$$anything$$$is$$$possible

·
Registered
65 Posts
it’s called Dual Induction and works really well when done properly and no, VVT will not run circles around a dual induction system. As far as fitment I have no idea if it will fit, but if anH6 can be made to fit I’m sure there’s a way to fit the supercharger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been done on Diesel engines for years, yes. If it were easily done, everyone would do it.
I’d like to see one that “ran properly” to run circles around a well tuned vvt motor. Again my point is $$$$$$ can do anything……. Except make you poor.
Be safe y’all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts