Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was driving like a dream for awhile until about 4 days ago i felt so off, and my driving was reckless. I stalled twice after driving about 2.5 miles. I think the first and second gears are worn cause this shivering happens no matter how smooth i try to shift into those gears. However, something was off to me. Friday, i tried to see how riding the clutch felt. And very slightly on the bite point, it was fine, but add an even slighter amount of pressure on the bite point and this strange vibration started going on. It wasnt constant shivering, but it came in intervals about 1.30- 1.60 seconds apart. Along with the terrible sound of grinding in the transmission. Even when im trying to rear park or drive slow, its there too.

I havent changed the transmission oil yet, and i was planning on replacing my clutch already so im ready for it. Im not sure what the problem is, but changing the oil is the first thing i want to try for more information. However, id like to hear from other people who are far more experienced than me with this. Im new to the car scene, id love to make this into a hobby, if you guys have tips on driving styles, i'll listen too because Im very new to driving period. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Based on the age of your WRX and considering you're not the first owner. It sounds to me like it could be your clutch (pressure plate/ friction disc) but I would start with the gear oil in the transmission case to check for any metal particulate to make sure the gears are good. While your at it I would bleed/change the clutch Master cylinder fluid for good measure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts