Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my car, 2016 wrx but man our stock system sucks. Granted I don’t have the upgraded sound system option but still...wow. I’ve put alpine type r components in the front with tweeters but still not sure about it. The sound was better but those type r tweeters are really harsh. I ended up reinstalling stock tweeters and it’s better. The alpine speakers in the door definitely have more bass and midrange than the plastic toy speakers that came with the car. I don’t remember the specs on the r’s off hand but I know they like a certain rms wattage that I know the head unit isn’t putting out. I’d really rather not replace the hu for aesthetic reasons. I’m thinking possibly an amp for the doors or switching to coaxial speakers. I have some alpine s coaxils to put in the rear doors just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Any suggestions from others? I don’t want a sub even though I have a 12” 1000rms type r sub that I had in my Toyota Highlander I like my trunk space too much. Any suggestions? Like I said I’d rather not switch the hu unless I could retain the look of the stock one I.e. touchscreen, backup camera etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are just looking for an amp to power your door speakers, this is what I have in my car and I like it: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_020XC1410/Clarion-XC1410.html?tp=72998. I have mine on the floor under the glove box and I haven't had anyone complain about it being in the way. It is only 50w RMS for 4 speakers, so if you want a bit more, you might have to go with something a little bit different/beefier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts