Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the Subaru game and I'm struggling to get some clear (to me) information regarding modifying an STI.
A little background on me, I've been a Volkswagen guy for my entire life. Just moved out to Colorado and need AWD, but I'm not willing to pay the $35k+ for a 2018 and up Golf R. Also there the fact that my inner 16 year old still likes to get sideways in the snow from time to time and you cant fully shut off the traction control in the R's.

Anyways, what I'm trying to confirm is what can be done without upgrading the fuel system. From what I've read, you can either do a intake or exhaust with AP but not a combination of both, is this true? Also with exhaust, can you do full turbo back or do I have to choose between only a DP or a cat back? Are there any supporting mods with either route that I'm missing? From what I've read, an A/F gauge is beneficial and more accurate than the readings on the AP, so that's a must have for me.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, and of course if this has been discussed at length somewhere please point me in that direction. I did search but was unable to find my answer.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts