Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed an Invidia catless downpipe, a custom cold air intake, and the cobb stage 2 tune on my 2005 wrx, whats next? It's not that I'm bored I'm just curious to see what I should be saving for next, yeah I think I have the addiction.
p.s. I have a custom muffler delete installed as well

·
Registered
477 Posts
The next step would be to get Pro Tuned ASAP. I say this because a custom intake requires a custom MAF scaling and without it, your fueling will be off. Your car might not throw a CEL (it might compensate for the condition in Open Loop Fueling mode such as cruising, idling and low-load areas... but it won't know when you're going into high engine load areas (ie when you accelerate under boost) because it simply reads your MAF and adds fuel based on that reading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The next step would be to get Pro Tuned ASAP. I say this because a custom intake requires a custom MAF scaling and without it, your fueling will be off. Your car might not throw a CEL (it might compensate for the condition in Open Loop Fueling mode such as cruising, idling and low-load areas... but it won't know when you're going into high engine load areas (ie when you accelerate under boost) because it simply reads your MAF and adds fuel based on that reading.
would you recommended this also for a stage 2+ with cobb exhaust/intake?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts