Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the full helix exhaust, but I want to make sure it won't make my car sound like a bumble bee. What does it sound like?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
No matter what exhaust you put on your suby it won't sound like a "bumble bee". The wrx has it's own very distinct sound to it do to the boxter style motor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a fullHelix on mine its loud but not ricey sounding looks awesome quality is great too..pops a little and can even get a little blue flame out the tip now and again haha !Thumbs Up

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I am definitely gonna get it. Full Helix and up-pipe. I just don't want it to be annoyingly loud, and it's gotta be deep.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Yes it will be deep and see if it comes with a silencer, if not maybe get one but I dought you will want it once you have the exhaust on

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True. I'm probably gonna want it without the silencer. And I've heard that the silencer breaks free and leaves the tailpipe. I don't want to be the reason for someone's flat tire, so I don't think I'll be gettin one of those.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an sti so it may be a little different but my turbo back sounded awesome but when I put the header/uppie it made it sound like a ricer but I could care less about sound, performance is what is important!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea i got mine from Gruppe-S and it came with a silencer but of course that was never pulled out of the package but just its always there if i need it

·
Registered
New
2 Posts
Best Vehicle Sound Dampening Company soundskinsglobal ?,

passing the Sound by metal starts or off as air vibrations and then turn into the vibrations in the metal, then the metal re-radiated this back into the air to the other side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts