Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided for where I lived the low life was not for me. I loved the look but scrapped everywhere I went if it wasn't a perfect road. So I installed 05 Forester Struts! Next on my list is some bigger tires on my stock rims.... just trying to decide what :)

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I went too high. Ended up breaking both front axles. They both had destroyed boots for 2 years with no issues so it wasn't a surprise. But when I take sharp turns it sounds like its binding. I might have to find some stock wrx springs for them. :|

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
You know, there's this thing called a "factory suspension height". It's almost like somebody (couldn't imagine who) got a room full of engineers to carefully design a suspension system to balance NVH with performance and tested it over a variety of road surfaces and conditions.

Though I feel like that might have come across as "you should sell your car and buy a 1996 Plymouth Voyager".

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And what do these so called "engineers" have that I don't? :nerd: hahaha

I was already aware that I was gonna be in a bad situation with this. Like I said I wasn't surprised at the least but like a child had to "Find out for myself" :) But in the same aspect I kinda wanted something to break so I could have the reason to put in new parts. I never changed an axle before so I learned something new!

So I am going to find some wrx springs so it will be slightly above stock. This will be well with-in the suspensions limits an I wont have any binding issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts