Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which interests you most? Will you be entering any events this winter, or even next summer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Track Days and Auto-X.

Drag racing is a bit of a joke. It's just about how much money you can spend to get more power. Track Days and Auto-X are more about skill, than power. Given, there is some skill involved in drag racing, but let's be honest here... ;-)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Autox is done for the year here (montana), but will resume in April. Plan on hitting some rally-x's next spring/summer as well. Will also hit the drag strip, at least once to say I've done it and have a base line where power mods are concerned. Maybe a track day as part of a vacation- will have to travel some to get to one.

What a great car- you can race it in dam near any venue and if set up properly (with a good driver ofcourse) will be competetive.

Big Sky

·
Registered
252 Posts
mostly auto-x, with a drag race here and there after new engine mods. would love to run it on a race track or a road race though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would love to drive a WRX in a rally, but I fear that I might screw up somehow, and ruin it. ( does pulling S**tties in a snow covered parking lot count as autoX? )

·
Registered
547 Posts
Are the 03 rex's coming w/ a free one year membership to the SCCA, like the 02's? This was a good stroke for both Subaru and the SCCA.

·
Registered
114 Posts
does driving through an elementary school detention ditch full of mud and water count as rally??

but who would do that.................:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Big Sky said:
Are the 03 rex's coming w/ a free one year membership to the SCCA, like the 02's? This was a good stroke for both Subaru and the SCCA.
I got the free membership to the SCCA with my '03 rex.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's great to hear. I think it is a wonderful "partnership". I hope everyone takes advantage of it as the SCCA is a wonderful organization, with lots of quality folks.

Big Sky

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's great to hear. I think it is a wonderful "partnership". I hope everyone takes advantage of it as the SCCA is a wonderful organization, with lots of quality folks.

Big Sky

·
Registered
94 Posts
Big Sky said:
Yep, got one too. Sent in the application the day after i got the car.

WRXdude

·
Registered
547 Posts
03WRB2NR said:
what is SCAA and what are the benefits.. and where can i see some drifting action around my area?...:confused:
As a new WRX owner you should be able to get a free years membership in the SportsCarClubof America. It is a grassroots organization that promotes both amatuer and professional racing- Solo (autox), Rally, Roadracing. You get a years subscription to a very good magazine, reduced entry fee rate at autoxs, opportunities for driving schools, etc

Don't know a thing about drifting.

Big Sky

·
Registered
342 Posts
What requirements of a car must be met for road racing in SCCA? I will get into autocrossing, but also think road racing would be fun if possible...

RN

1 - 19 of 19 Posts