Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a 17 WRX for about a year and a half, got it with 62k miles and 1 previous owner who ran it hard. Ended up replacing the clutch and fly wheel around 67k miles.

In the recent weeks the clutch started acting up like it was wanting to slip. (2nd and 3rd gears) Luckily it only happened one day and I was thinking it was because of the car sitting out in the heat.

Just yesterday I had the same issue with the car happen, but the temperature was about 15 or so degrees cooler?

I'm concerned with this replacement as I've only put 13k miles on it since I replaced the assembly. What could another issue be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I've had a 17 WRX for about a year and a half, got it with 62k miles and 1 previous owner who ran it hard. Ended up replacing the clutch and fly wheel around 67k miles.

In the recent weeks the clutch started acting up like it was wanting to slip. (2nd and 3rd gears) Luckily it only happened one day and I was thinking it was because of the car sitting out in the heat.

Just yesterday I had the same issue with the car happen, but the temperature was about 15 or so degrees cooler?

I'm concerned with this replacement as I've only but 13k miles on it since I replaced the assembly. What could another issue be?
I have been taking it easy on the car within the last few months before this concern came about

1 - 2 of 2 Posts