Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to remove the “rain gutter” (not sure of the name) on my car. Does anyone know how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this? I am pretty sure a little pressure will do the trick, but if someone has done this before I might as well ask them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
No prob.. I take it you're going the custom-mounted route also (cutting and bending the Q-clips)? Last year my roof got a little scratched up where the feet of the Yakima Q Towers contacted the paint. I'm debating what I want to do about that this year. I need to find some kind of clear tape or other material to insulate it. I should probably mount my rack soon though before it gets too cold - thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My rack attaches like the NASIOC link you put up. I had this set-up on my 04 with no problems (sratching, rubbing,...). My set-up actually says "Subaru" on the side of of it. It has Thule square bars but when I talk to Thule or Yakima they have no idea what I am talking about. The rack came with my 04 WRX when I bought it. I'll take some pics when I get it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.