Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought these tires were bad on dry roads, but there even worse in the rain. Its been raining up here long enough for me to test them out on the many twisty roads where I live. I really expected more from these tires in the rain, I mean it was down right frightening. One time I thought that I was going to fly right off the road, and I was not even going fast.

My family’s Outback with Dunlop SP 5,000 hold the road far better, and they have 18,000 miles on them. When I have the money I’m getting Dunlop SP 9,000s, until then I am just going to have to take it easy.

So what tires do you have right now?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i love the stock tires.......for everything except traction.....empty wet parking lots, glazed u-turns, etc......

traction wise they hold....ehh....in the dry

my mom(ack!) has 225 potenza s-03's.....driving her wagon is like driving a rock....its really hard to get the back end out....and i can take turns at 110(tho the wagon has BBAADDD body roll)...that id normally have to take at 85-90 in my sedan.....

-kris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Right now I have Sumitomo's HTR+'s on 17' OZ P1's and they hold better than the stock tires in rain and dry pavement. Not much loss in ride comfort either.:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am using Dunlop Sport SP 5000's on mine right now and have had some great success with them as far as poor weather traction and handling. The tires hold up great as far as abuse goers as well. Good tread wear left after many drifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts