Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aspen white 2002 wrx build feb 01. its the 2431st built. do you guys think my car one of the first white ones?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Even if it was, I'm not sure if I would consider it "rare"...

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
MY03 Sedona Red Pearl is 46th out of 300 build that year. Now if you had a 03SRP WRX Wagon then your talking rare. Only 89 of those were build.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I think I found a link to a thread about it years ago that had the total production numbers based on color.

If memory serves me right it kind of goes like this for MY03:
World Rally Blue------------------------A bunch
Platinum Sliver Metallic----------------Fewer than the Blue
Aspen White----------------------------Less than the Silver
Midnight Black--------------------------Equal to or slightly less then the White
Sonic Yellow (Blaze Yellow MY02)----Yeah 1,500 so not as many and they only made them for a month
Sedona Red Pearl----------------------300 woo-hoo I'm hard........to find

Now as far as wagons go they made up roughly 3% of the total of sedans if I remember correctly. Now MY02 should be about the same only they made more of the SRP and less of the Blaze Yellow, around 500 each.

On a side note the MY03 actually had a factory sport suspension upgrade you could get from the dealer that was $1800 more that included aluminum A-arms like the STi models had.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
You are forgetting the ultra rare hunter green bugeye.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
You are forgetting the ultra rare hunter green bugeye.

Savanna Green Metallic and that was only on the TS Wagon and Outback Sport Wagons, no WRX's were made in that color at least in 02-03 in the USDM. If you look the steering wheel is on the right side of that car so that denotes a different domestic market model than the US.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my town there are lots of bugeyes all colors even 2 yellow ones but no white ones. 02/01 was the first month they started building usdm wrx's?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I can't find the original post on here. But, I thought someone found a LHD bugeye in that color. Maybe it was done as a replacement paint job and not a OEM paint job.

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
Easy enough to take a TS and swap in some WRX hardware with a repainted hood. We've got a member here with a blue one in a shade no WRX was ever made in (because the chassis was a TS originally).

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Easy enough to take a TS and swap in some WRX hardware with a repainted hood. We've got a member here with a blue one in a shade no WRX was ever made in (because the chassis was a TS originally).
Blue ridge pearl is the only other color I can remember...

turmic said:
I can't find the original post on here. But, I thought someone found a LHD bugeye in that color. Maybe it was done as a replacement paint job and not a OEM paint job.
You can buy them in RHD, but I don't know of any WRX in the states made that way.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
True enough mosc. Wagonracer's color is a color that no WRX came in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a 2002 Balck with black leather wrx broad and never been able to sell it, I finally let it at 10 000$ at the dealer for a 04 Sti.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I found a link to a thread about it years ago that had the total production numbers based on color.

If memory serves me right it kind of goes like this for MY03:
World Rally Blue------------------------A bunch
Platinum Sliver Metallic----------------Fewer than the Blue
Aspen White----------------------------Less than the Silver
Midnight Black--------------------------Equal to or slightly less then the White
Sonic Yellow (Blaze Yellow MY02)----Yeah 1,500 so not as many and they only made them for a month
Sedona Red Pearl----------------------300 woo-hoo I'm hard........to find

Now as far as wagons go they made up roughly 3% of the total of sedans if I remember correctly. Now MY02 should be about the same only they made more of the SRP and less of the Blaze Yellow, around 500 each.

On a side note the MY03 actually had a factory sport suspension upgrade you could get from the dealer that was $1800 more that included aluminum A-arms like the STi models had.
if all this is right than its great .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts