Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have determined this to be the best possible theft deterrant system i can put on my car. no thief is going anywhere without a steering wheel. electrical devices can easily be bypassed these days.

im looking at a quick release adapter and not an entire steering wheel so i can keep my airbag. also will the airbag work with the adapter? or is that something i need to check with the manufacturer

anyone ever use any of these? is there anything i should look out for? like cheap ones that can disconnect while driving or something?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ive never seen a QD steering wheel with a stock wheel/airbag. Most QD adapters dont come with splines to transmit data like you see in Formula 1 cars. Unless you plan on spending that kind of money on your QD adapter.

Also not that it matters but people look pretty lame carrying around the steering wheel to their cars while they are walking around in public.

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
Isn't the rear "wagon" package theft deterrent enough?

Sorry, sorry.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey you leave our mullet cars alone. Business in the front party in the back.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Actually in america the 5MT is a theft deterrent as well : )

And Im with GSMNZ I like my "wagon" at least thats how insurance sees it : )

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh, all good... hate forms from jealously anyways :p lol

sleeper wagons ftw!

anyways, reason im thinking of this is i find it similar to taking your bike seat off your bike. they see it missing they just keep moving right on past. but maybe i'll look into other options if i have to be minus a drivers airbag.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah,

Not that you want your car molested by some scumbag but there is an anti theft map on the accessport. You set it before shuitting your car off and take the accessport with you. car wont start back up without swapping back to your proper map. Wouldnt stop a crook from busing your window and trying but your car wouldnt move without a tow truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts