Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I read on phatbotti tuning that catted is the way to go. So is this only relating to the j pipe? Or is i t relating to a catback exhaust system too. I’m kind of confused on this boost creep stuff, and I’m new to all the tuning cars 9Apps – Download 9Apps Free Fast Install for Android 2020 stuff too. All I have is axle back muffler deletes on my car now. Solitaire

·
Registered
1 Posts
The catalytic converter is in the downpipe. Catback means "back from the catalytic converter." There is no cat behind the downpipe, so it's irrelevant to catback exhaust systems. Use of a catted downpipe will negate the issue of boost creep.
And any aftermarket downpipe will require a new ECU map or "tune." My WRX is tuned by Ron Watson (Phatbotti) with a catted downpipe. No one is better than Ron when it comes to tuning. I've used several others over the last 15 years, but Ron is the best I've experienced.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
EyeBuck is correct. The Catalytic Converter is located in the J Pipe. I opted for a Catted J Pipe and Resonated Mid Pipe for My17 build.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The catalytic converter is in the downpipe. Catback means "back from the catalytic converter." There is no cat behind the downpipe, so it's irrelevant to catback exhaust systems. Use of a catted downpipe will negate the issue of boost creep.
And any aftermarket downpipe will require a new ECU map or "tune." My WRX is tuned by Ron Watson (Phatbotti) with a catted downpipe. No one is better than Ron when it comes to tuning. I've used several others over the last 15 years, but Ron is the best I've experienced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The jpipe is probably the best power mod short of running corn. However if the goal is corn the jpipe will Matter less in the long run. Once you run corn the other parts matter less.
get-vidmate.com instagram saver

If I had to do it all again I’d get TGV EGR deletes, a Ff sensor and a aem340.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts