Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2006 Impreza wrx and I was wondering if you could put a 2.0L DOHC H4 TURBO AVCS ENGINE and 5SPD AWD TRANS in it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Could you? YES It wont be cheap or easy but its possible.

Is your intention to make a WRX out of an impreza? If so consider that you can buy a 2006 WRX in decent shape for about $7k if you are going to spend $2-4k on a lightly used engine and $2k on a lightly used transmission plus the time and effort it will take to do the transplant you would likley save money buying the car you want rather than building it.

If on the other hand you have $10k burning a hole in your pocket and you have every weekend for the next 6 months off and you really want to get your hands dirty and do a custom build sleeper then I dont see why you couldnt swap out the factory EJ with another EJ. Just keep in mind that you will have a considerable ammount of tuning to do on top of your actual build and you will likley be looking at running a whole new loom through your firewall.

hope that helps

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
so you have a 2006 WRX which is a 2.5 Turbo and you want to put a JDM 2.0 Turbo AVCS motor into it? is the motor blown or something? or do you have a 2006 Impreza non-turbo and youre just confusing us. the post is very vauge and hard to give a proper answer.

AVCS 2.0 EJ's engines are all japanese. no 2.0L EJ Engine in the USDM market came with AVCS.

the motor and trans will fit, but you will have a plethora of wiring problems you will have to overcome. unless you are an experienced mechanic who can do all their own work, its not worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts