Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I decided to build a car. I bought a 1:18 Scale model of a Porsche 917/10 Can Am car and started pulling measurements of it. I has C6 Corvette suspension, two (2) Subaru Tribeca 6 cylinder engines bolted together at the crank shaft and the Sport shift auto/manual transmission. I have the front engine set at TDC on cylinder one and the rear engine set on TDC for cylinder 6. I have the injector and coil wires spliced so both cylinders will fire at the same time.

You can see my videos on YouTube at "Porsche 917/10 Replica, 2, 3, 4" and you can here a real 917/10 start at "Revving up the engine of a 917-10".

I have an OEM wiring harness with the ECU and TCU. The ECU will read all the front engine sensors but will feed back instructions to both engines. I have already spliced the harness to the engine harnesses. I have wired the starter, fuel pump and all the gages directly to the custom dash.

I know I am going to need "Open Source" which is Greek to me, one who has trouble changing flashlight batteries. What I really need is one or more Volunteer helpers to come to my garage in East Hartford to advise me on wiring requirements and to troubleshoot this plan. I can do the physical work, I just need technical direction. Common sense tells me this can be done. Security can be defeated. Key codes can be bypassed.

For you tuners, just think of the challenge and notoriety you would get out of being the one who could get this car running. Your company name on the car and exposed in magazines and on the internet. I'll do all the physical work I can. It's the guidance I need most.

Thanks,

Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh, I forgot!

This is the first car I ever built. It will have two earlier Subaru sixes and a manual 5 speed with WRX front and rear suspension. I have received an offer of $7,000 for the car, as is. Any other offers?

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
That's pretty Freak'in stellar Jack, but hard to believe it's your first build.

That's seriously advanced stuff with a ton of Engineering into it! Well done, either way. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks LW

Thanks for those uplifting comments LW.

The closed cockpit car was the first car I've ever worked on let alone built. I'm not an auto mechanic. I've been in construction all my life. I've never wanted to work on cars, just drive or race them. Whenever I tried to work on a car I would brake something.

One day in 2008 I said. "I'm going to build a car." I couldn't afford a kit so I had to build from scratch. Why I've built three cars and never finished one is a looooong story. Lack of electrical knowledge and running into people who said they could do the electric but really couldn't, made me start another car to just keep going. The recession and trying to save my house kept me trying to finish and sell something but electricians and computer companies kept shooting me down.

I NEED ELECTRICAL HELP! I'm burned out but still trying to finish all these cars so I can go live on an old boat or in a van. I'm 64 and getting tired of this. I can't give up even though I had to sell my house to avoid foreclosure.

I can use your help by passing on these postings to everybody you know. If you know how to travel through this site maybe you can talk to someone who can put my postings in all the categories so more people see them.

I've built these cars alone. Installed engines and transmissions alone. Done the bodywork alone. The coupe is the first time I ever worked with fiberglass. I need electrical advise desperately!

Anything you can do would be appreciated and thanks again for your kind comments. I'm in East Hartford, Connecticut.

Jack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For Sale

I've decided to sell all three of my project cars for the highest reasonable offer. I've done the hard part, now the cars need someone to finish them. I'm tired and need a long rest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lemans 917 car is sold!

The lemans car, my first born, is tentatively sold to a builder in Switzerland for a best offer of $7,000. Any higher offers?

The Formula One car would be the wildest car in your town. It would be a big hit at the car shows and it's pretty much done. Bodywork and a little wiring and maybe fenders and you're on the road. $20,000 OBO. 320 HP in a car weighing less than 2000Ibs. Reprogrammed OEM engine management. Auto/Manual transaxle. PCS transmission controller. C6 Z06 wheels and tires. Set up for emissions. All DOT lighting and Summit Racing DOT dash in place. You can install a piece of DOT glass in the front framework if necessary. What do kit cars cost? Who even builds F1 kit cars? This is almost read to go. It's so smooth it almost sounds like a V12!

I have only one and it's the only one available anywhere. It's not like you have others to choose from. Don't risk your life on a bike when you can be protected in this. Hit a guard rail in this or a bike, your choice.

The more I think of what I put into this car the more I'm thinking of raising the price!!! Seriously!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Lemans 917 is Sold.

I have sold the Lemans 917 coupe to a Builder in Switzerland and delivered it to RCR Replicars for combined shipment with one of their 917's. To build my cars I had to become very familiar with the 917. Fran at RCR did a magnificent job with his chassis and the body is spot on. One car sold and I want to push the F1 car. I may have a line on wiring the Can Am Car's engines and transaxle. The car itself is 98 percent done. I just need to do the wiring and finish the Joe Siffert, STP body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts