Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, I promise I at least tried to search for a thread with my problem before posting! Lolz, I also tried the almighty YouTube! So I have a 2014 wrx hatchback, and put the morimoto XB LED fog lamp kit on about two years ago. About a month ago I noticed the passenger side was out, but it came back on later. Well it went out again last night, so I jiggled some wires, unplugged and plugged it back in, and it’s still out. Warranty on the light is like 10yrs as it’s a simple plug n play operation. I was wondering if this side fog lamp out is a common thing on this car, and if anyone has any advice on finding/ repairing the short. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If it has a warranty just see if they'll replace it for you..?

You'll probably void the warranty if you go in and mess with the wires looking for a short.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely agree, I sent them a message and they replied saying that it was probably not the fog light assembly because it is plug-and-play. That’s when I turn to post to see if wiring issues for a common problem in this location on this vehicle. I’m going to pull the bumper off and swap the lights this weekend. I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this trouble, and if they could shed a little “light” on my illumination situation

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh, sorry! I misread the post.

Voltage meter will tell you if you're getting juice to the plug.

I'm not familiar with any known or widespread issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help! I don’t have a voltage meter, so I’ll just swap the lights in the sockets, and go from there. I’m glad to hear you’re not aware of any major issues with this wiring. I was afraid maybe the wires we too close to the fan, or something hot, and it was common for them to get cut. Fingers crossed that it’s just a bad bulb, and I can replace it for free, and be on my way! I’ll check it this weekend, and update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts