Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I’m new to the forums I’ve searched all over and couldn’t find anything recent or definitely the answer to the problem and finally decided to ask. If there’s a forum and I missed it I’m sorry I know people get really upset when you ask again.
2006 Subaru wrx 2.5
-Cobb catted down pipe
- nvidia n1 cat back
- spt or something intake
-Cobb stage 2 93 octane map
I’m trying to bring it back to life and really fix it up and maybe race it in the future. When I got the car I never had this overboosting and fuel cut problem except once at like 130mph accelerating like an idiot when I first got it and than I got the invida exhaust and now I get the code and it throws me back from 4th to 5th and sometimes 3rd to forth psi peaks at like 15-16 and I don’t really run it above 5,000 rpms because I’ve been worried Im going to blow it but it happens like every time I do a 2nd gear pull up. I’ve seen so many different options but than see people that don’t have the problem and it doesn’t really make sense. I don’t really want to get it ported because I don’t know of any good shops around me to do it. I don’t have the problem with back roads but in a straight line I always have it. Please help thank you sorry for the long description of and I’ve had the car for around 3 years I bought a lemon 🍋 but it came with everything but the invidia exhaust. dumb me but I’m already in it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure the Cobb Stg 2 Map isn’t meant for the “spt or something intake”...

Clean the MAF, reset the ECU, get a proper (e/pro)tune and go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts