Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
1) don't reply to spam
2) certainly, under any circumstances, don't QUOTE spam.

Just hit the report button and move along

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guys,

i want to hit the speed limiter of my WRX, Model 2010. It is not necessary a connector?
Just buy the Tactrix Openport 2.0 and plug it on OBD2 connect to my note by a USB, Save the original map on a safety place. And use the romrider to hit the speed limit.
Its all ok???
Actually i am satisfied with the stock program, in future i must sit down study and see what i really want from the PoisonGod Machine :p.

Thanks for the attention

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do the tactrix or cobb tuners allow you to change shift points in a wrx with an auto trans ?
I've been looking at all of the screen shots and see no reference to any transmission shift point adjustments. I have HP Tuners for GM vehicles which has very detailed transmission adjustments for perfomance and standard tunes. This info would be a major selling point
for me, because I hate the way my wifes wrx shifts gears, hunting up and down, sometimes not downshifting soon enough, unless you really lean into the pedal. The car is all untouched stock, and has done this since brand new. The dealer said they all drive like that, and we should consider a stick. I'd love a manual trans in that car but wife wife hates a stick in heavy traffic. Any input about the trans tuning would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: This poster has an 08 WRX Auto

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
Obviously any 02-08 WRX AUTO has fixed ratios. I don't think the setpoints are adjustable on the 2015. It's a CVT so I guess it's theoretically possible.

The 2015 WRX auto has a very impressive transmission. It has paddle shifters so if you want more RPM you can just click. There are also 8 gears in the gated mode so it's not like you're ever between. I don't think if you owned a 2015 WRX CVT that you'd have any issues with this.

Your stand 3-6 speed auto is fairly slow shifting and uses a torque converter. Because of this the computer doesn't like to downshift because it'll spend more time out of gear than it takes to raise the RPM's by accelerating some. There's usually a "flat out" point on the gas pedal where it will switch and just go into whatever gear gives the most torque at a given speed and people tend to get annoyed at the transition point which seems to be what you're talking about. The 2015 WRX CVT doesn't have transition points like that. It "shifts" faster than you can perceive (faster than an LFA since it's just changing CVT ratios, not really shifting).

·
Registered
42 Posts
i currently have the v3 accesport and want to tune opensource to the soul fact of being able to do it myself anytime I decide to change something up. Will my v3 still show me my numbers while daily driving? or would it be rendered useless once i get into the ecu? I have no gauges and i like to be able to monitor my car at all times when getting into it for the sake of my motor. any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
the cobb AP uses the stock sensors which arent the greatest to begin with.

you will at minimum need a boost gauge and wideband air fuel ratio guage. tuning without these is not recommended.

it wont be rendered completely useless, you can still use it to monitor knock, mpg, and a few other things. you might have to un-marry the AP though. not sure if cobb locks the ecu. might just have to remove the cobb map and revert to stock.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You should be a able to view your map, unless it is locked by the tuner, with the Cobb tuning software that's free from their site.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts