Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who's installed an oil pressure gauge, what did you use, an oil galley plug or a filter sandwich adapter for you oil pressure sender? The galley plug looks easy, but it shows it replacing a bolt behind the turbo inlet, I thought space might be an issue after the sender is installed there.

EDIT: While we're at it, I have stainless steel fuel lines. I don't know what's involved with a fuel pressure gauge, but I was under the impression it involved t-ing off a fuel line. Is this going to be a problem? Is this true, if so is there a way around it. The web site just says that there is a "sender" included with the pressure gauge, not how or where it connects.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I prefer the sandwich...because most read oil pressure and temp...but yea for a fuel pressure gague all you have to do is tee into a fuel line

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone use the galley plug? It's about $30 cheaper than the plate, I'm not planning on doing temp, just pressure.

And what would I do about fuel pressure with steel lines?

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
I thought I remember reading or hearing about there being an issue or it being a bit harder using one or the other with the 2.5L. I will try and find that info. Just something to think about (maybe).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I used the oil galley plug, but it was too close to the turbo and the heat was killing the oil sender. All I did was got a piece of stainless line about a foot long with a 1\8 npt on one end and a 90 degree 1\8 npt on the other end and relocated it away from the turbo and havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get the npt?( flexible metal tubing I assume?) How much was it? If it's less trouble and money, I might as well get the plate.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
There is a shop that makes custom stainless braided lines near my house, and they just crimp a npt fitting on it, it cost like 20 dollars.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't know what kind of fittings your fuel rails use, but mcmaster.com has a large variety of fittings that may come in handy. Maybe you could find some sort of tee fitting that would allow you to install the gauge without cutting anything.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I don't really know what I need until I see everything and get my hands dirty. I've got perrin fuel rails and steel lines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question
I’m new to forums an so I just want to see if I can get a quick answer from knowledgeable Subaru’s guys
My mother’s 06 Subaru Outback 2.5l
The oil pressure sensor fitting is cracked. I completely filled the whole in with in weld with no intention of trying to install the sensor there again
. But since there’s no Sensor
The car is going into “LIMP MODE” because of the relation to the Intake control valve
Can I just Relocate the sensor, To maybe the galley plug
I hope to hear back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts