Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought my WRX yesterday. Brand new 2020. I’m really excited and was wondering if anyone had any pointers or information they could share with me for any and all subie related topics. What kind of mods could I do that won’t void my warranty, where could I get some cool stickers... etc. I’m from swfl and maybe looking for some meets to go to as well. Hope you all have a great day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, Subie dealerships are usually very strict with their warranty. You can get away with like a cat back exhaust, transmission mods like a shift stop or a short throw shifter, and you could do like an oil cooler, probably and air oil separator. Pretty much any mod that adds power to the car will void your warranty. So if you want to make it faster without voiding your warranty, I would go with some lightweight race style wheels to lower your rotational mass. I would really recommend doing an oil cooler and air oil separator though. Keep your car healthy!

·
Registered
17' WRX base
5 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new wrx! I'm pretty new here myself but I can assure you this place is a WEALTH of info on just about any topic you can imagine.

I would agree with grey, wheels and tires would be a great place to stop. I enjoyed factory rubber for a few months but in the inland nw, soon as the snow hit I ripped those puppies off and had to slap some new ones on... not that snow is going to be an issue for you but hey saves you a good set of back up tires if anything else! Bahaha.

Dont be afade to pull out your paperwork on your warranty either. Even if you dont speak legal-eze, it will give you a good idea what you can and cant alter. Welcome to the fam!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts