Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original turbo replaced at 110k due to turbo seals (VF52) to stop the oil entering my intercooler. New turbo is a VF52 that has 360 race bearings and 6 fin billet wheel that looks like the stock wheel, ported inlet and IWG hole. First wasn't making the boost I was tuned for, (18psi) kept maxing at 14 psi. Checked restricter pill, in correctly but still tried switching to eliminate issues. No change. Next wastegate actuator, bam making proper boost but now I've gained a extra 2 psi or so around 19.5 to 20? Any reason for this? Original turbo just not as strong? It does not seem to upset the fuel system so I guess I should only be concerned with the stock plastic intercooler failing? I pretty much just avoid WOT to stay out of the 20psi range and I plan to get retuned after intercooler upgrade and EBCS. Just curious if anyone else experience this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The wastegate actuator is the issue. Boost pressure is controlled by the wastegate and boost control solenoid.. If the Tune and Solenoid are the same then the new wastegate actuator is stiffer or the arm is set at a different length holding the internal gate closed more.

Was the car tuned before the turbo swap or stock?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wastegate actuator is the issue. Boost pressure is controlled by the wastegate and boost control solenoid.. If the Tune and Solenoid are the same then the new wastegate actuator is stiffer or the arm is set at a different length holding the internal gate closed more.

Was the car tuned before the turbo swap or stock?

Tuned before the replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts