Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a friend whos really good with tunes but he never tuned a STI, I was looking at the Cobb and it seems like a good program not to bad on the price either. question though, is there a flashback tune with exaust and 17psi or something close to that.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I have a friend whos really good with tunes but he never tuned a STI, I was looking at the Cobb and it seems like a good program not to bad on the price either. question though, is there a flashback tune with exaust and 17psi or something close to that.
Stage 2 should get you pretty close to that. Go to Cobb's website and read the map nots, it should tell you all of the changes the map makes.

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
Dont put a BOV on a stg2 car, wasting your time and money. If you want/need that sound get the Cobb SRI, or do the snorkus delete on your your stock airbox with a drop in panel filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
need help

i owned a 04 wrx and i'm new to stick cars...
my question is my rpm jumps up very high. it goes up as far 5 and 6 just on 1st or 2nd gear. it doesn't do that when i first got it......anything i should worry about or change or get it fixed?......

please help....

thankx

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
^ Might be the clutch going.

Try this:

At about 15-20mph put the car in 4th.... floor it.... Do the rpms fly up ? If so, it's your clutch

If not, open your own thread. You will get more dedicated responses

·
Registered
8 Posts
whats up everyone?! i recently sold my stock 06 WRX and i regretted it. luckily i found a great deal on co part for a 06 WRX with only 47k original miles on it, NO fram damage just a decent amount of body work needed, plus new bumber and a left fender. plus it has a few aftermarket upgrades like a intake, GPS navigation system, a short shifter, has a few extra gauges on the side of the driver door, im pretty sure its boost gauges but im not sure can someone please school me on that? also it has a exhaust system in witch the muffle is like a 4inch opening. the clutch seems a lot different from my old stock clutch, seems more stiff but VERY firm plus its shorter distance away from the floor (noob i know!).

by the way i got it for 7k off of the auction put a total of $5k in it but i got it all very pro fixed.

anyway, hope to hear from you guys thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just bought my 2004 Subaru wrx with a ej207 v7 and I got a code the poped up. Camshaft position sensor for bank b is that the driver side one and I went to buy the part and can't find the right one anywhere cause it's a import motor. Thx any suggestion on what to do?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi I just bought my 2004 Subaru wrx with a ej207 v7 and I got a code the poped up. Camshaft position sensor for bank b is that the driver side one and I went to buy the part and can't find the right one anywhere cause it's a import motor. Thx any suggestion on what to do?
So you have a JDM market WRX and you live in the Great White North where JDM vehicles are imported on a regular basis.

Here is a good starting point. :)
https://www.google.com/#q=camshaft+position+sensors+for+a+2004+Subaru+WRX&tbm=shop

Most likely the sensor is the same on both sides in regards to mounting so you should be able to purchase just one sensor and move it from side to side. I would install the new sensor and reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 15min's, if the code re-appears you will know the issue is not on that bank so repeat the process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're new here take some time to look around and check the site out a little before you submit your first thread or post. This will save you alot of headache when trying to get your question(s) answered.

Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your experience at WRXTuners.com.

1. Familiarize yourself with the rules and policies of the site: This will save you alot of trouble with knowing what's allowed and what isn't. We try not to be too strict when it comes to things, but if you're aware of what's acceptable and what's not, you're less likely to break the rules and have us on you about it. These are located here.

2. Check out the forum descriptions: These are listed after the forums title. This will help you post in the correct forum and save the moderators from having to move threads to their correct forums. It will also help you get the most info for your particular question.

3. Using the search function: This is a touchy subject simply because it's unacceptable for members to just tell you to "do the search". This is how you avoid all of that. Type specific keywords into the search window. This will let the site work for you, instead of having the longer active members getting on your case for not doing so. Click me to perform a search.

Engine Management: (Cobb AP, UTEC, etc...), type either Cobb AP, or simply AP into the search window. If you want info on the UTEC, type TXS UTEC, or simply UTEC.

Exhaust Systems: (Helix, Cobb, Perrin, Borla, etc...) Type in the perspective company's name. Other keywords that might help you would be TBE, or turbo-back exhaust. CB, or cat-back.

This style of searching goes for any part or mod that you can think of. If it's been done, we more than likely have someone that's done it, or knows someone that has. :D

These are just a couple of examples, but you should get the idea. Another thing that will help you to perform an effective search is to do it in the appropriate forum. You're not going to want to do your search for an exhaust in the handling section, know what I mean? ;)

4. Use descriptive thread titles: Be specific and to the point.

An example of a bad thread title would be: "Newb here, need help". We all know you need some advice, you wouldn't have posted if you didn't.

A better thread title would be something a little more descriptive. More to the point. Something like: "Car runs bad after bov install".

And finally:

5. Type like you have some sense. We're not going to correct you for minor typing errors, but if you're posts/threads are not legible, we will edit them to be so. Please don't be offended, it just helps the members that have been here longer to understand and help you better. This is what we're all here for, to learn and to help one another out.

With all of that out of the way, welcome to the forums and we hope that you enjoy your stay.
Hello, I'm new here i'm 18 in the US Army National Guard and thinking about getting a 2004-2022 Subaru WRX STI

21 - 38 of 38 Posts