Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up dudes,

Im new to this site and glad I found you. Never been a part of a forum before but I’ve never really had a reason. I purchased a 2012 WRX hatchback (MT) last summer and have been really enjoying my experience so far, but I’ve got some general (possible newbie) questions relating to my car. I bought the car with 70,000 miles on it and some basic modifications but am not sure what all has been done to my car. These are the parts that I’m sure it has:
1) Cobb short-ram intake with box
2) Cobb cat-back exhaust
3) Cobb short-throw shifter
4) Perrin engine bracing

Now I have seen several people stating that getting these basic bolt-on mods without a tune could be a stupid mistake that could possibly damage my engine. I haven’t noticed anything alarming from my car and get very regular maintenance with no negative feedback from my mechanic. Ive got a couple questions relating to this problem:
1) Would I know if the previous owner got a tune on the car?
2) Are there any tunes I can get for relatively cheap?
3) Besides the access port are there any other products that could work (Ex. Performance chips, downloadable maps, etc.)
4) Is it necessary to tune my car with these bolt-ons?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to point me in the right direction. I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask these questions and if they are relatively newbie in nature.
Gaige

1 - 1 of 1 Posts