Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought a used 2017 WRX from a dealership. It was advertised as completely stock besides a few exterior mods. I bought the car a couple months ago and recently started wanting to do some work on it. I was about to spend a good chunk on a GReddy cat-back. Well I found out the car is almost completely stock but whoever owned it before apparently straight-piped the car and removed the converters and o2 sensors. Finding this out after buying the Cobb AP was a little disappointing.
However the car does not throw an engine light or trouble code for the missing converters or o2 sensors. So I assume they had someone delete the codes from the ECU. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just kind of learning the whole tuning portion of this.
My question is if I install the AP and flash the stock map over to the car, would it cause the engine light to come on due to the missing components? If so, is there a way I can delete them again? Or would I be better of just to install a new exhaust, as I've been looking at a new one anyway.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts