Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an 06 WRX. It was running well for a while but began having acceleration slow and loss of power overall. I took it to the subie dealer and they told me that my cats are clogged.

I am tight on funds so I'm looking towards cheaper options, I can't afford a Cobb turbo-back and AP.

I ordered the 3" catless manzo stainless steel turbo-back exhaust the other day (hasn't arrived yet) and then found people saying that cutting out the cats without tuning will lead to blowing the engine so now I'm stuck.

I could buy a cat and weld it into the new downpipe but from my understanding running that without a tune is still risky.

I am aware of opensource tuning and the tactrix cable but I'm not sure where to get/make the flash files.

I really am not trying to gain power. I'm just simply trying to find a solution for my clogged cats that doesn't involve me blowing my engine up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I got a Cobb AP would I be able to run that exhaust? I have the stock intake on it, would that cause problems running the stage 2 tune?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts