Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So I bought a 2002 WRX back in December, fully stock and only 71k miles!

As it’s starting to warm up here now in Wisconsin I’m looking to start adding a few things to it, my goal with this car is more to preserve it and restore it then heavily mod it.

With that being said I’ve done a few minor things (Perrin Pulley and Radiator Shroud) along with the Invidia N1 Catback exhaust. I’ve also had to replace a few parts also.

As I said I don’t necessarily want to heavily mod it, but would like to add a few things too it. My goal is to do stage 1 was thinking stage 2 but I also have to say this is currently my daily car, although I don’t put too many miles on it (only at 75k now). I would maybe like to get around 275hp as I know anything over 300hp is where you start having major problems with the WRXs.
Otherwise I plan on, intake, acessport, rims, sway bars, possibly coilovers and possibly the STI wing.

if anyone is willing to provide any advice for other modifications that would be worth adding that would be great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Acess port is a given, which I know you listed

I would also think about a new downtube, maybe an up pipe to help that turbo breathe. You can also port and polish the factory manifold to help air flow dynamics..

I would also suggest an upgrades 3 port Electronic Boost Controller to help fine tune and better control your boost levels..

A lot of guys say they are ok but I was never a fan of the stock BPV. I would upgrade that aswell but stay with a recirculating one and stay away from venting to atmosphere..

A larger or front mount Intercooler will also help your intake air temperatures..

My best suggestion however would be to contact what ever tuner you on a to use and get his input on your modification route and budget to get to your goal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts