Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So early next week I should be finalizing a trade. I will loss out for sure but in a way I will also gain.

I will be trading my complete engine w/ boltons, Drivetrain, ECU, Cobb ap and complete dash. For this I will be getting $5500 and a 05 Legacy GT Limited Sedan with only 75k miles. The LGT has upgraded turbo, intake, FP and full exhaust. Comes with Sparco rally wheels, OEM wheels and steelies.

Since I will be keeping my wagon as a rolling shell the money I get from the trade will be going into a motor swap. Either an LS or 2JZ. Since I work at a performance shop part time with an amazing fabricator I know I can get this done reasonably priced but it is still going to be a hefty tag. AND I will still have a daily which for me is a huge upsell to all of this.

I am going to deeply miss the crazy power this car makes. 409whp might be average for some but it is hella fun for. yes I did just type hella :D

What do you guys think of this trade?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like you got a dank deal, just be ready for that 100k maintenance. And for the swap, 2JZ or full R32 swap :D Idk why but I feel like you'll end up LS swapping the wagon.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Not a terrible deal really. Actually the guy your trading sounds like he is losing hard on the deal.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The LGT does need some work. One of the cylinders is a little lower than the other 3 (115, 135,140, 135). And there is a TGV failing so I will need to do that as well. With the upcoming maintenance things as well I have some things to do.

I am also fully helping swap in my set up into his 99 RS sedan. His car has a buttload of JDM rare parts. His whole thing is to move in my swap and upgrade the few bits I had left to do, retune it and then sell it. He has a friend willing to pay good money for his car if its fully done up. SO we are both making good on both sides of the deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts