Subaru WRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I have a bug eye when I bought it it had morrette heads and tails shortly after I tried a few aftermarket set ups but eventually went back to stalk lights then I bought a HID kit, I will admit the stock headlights are not the best for HID's like it was said before they don't focus the light properly and had almost no cut off. I was constantly getting flashed by oncoming traffic. so I went back to the morrette's which are projectors they are amazing. I did get a huge benefit with my stock headlights but at a cost to other drivers and those benefits were realized ten fold once I put in the morrettes. You can buy a cheap set of projectors on ebay that would work fine but if you buy an HID kit and you buy those headlamps you'll need to buy H7 bulbs instead. If your curious as to how I know this I bought them haha.
I used to have HIDs in my old Morettes. The results are absolutely terrible because they bring out their horrid optic designs. You have ECE regulations to thank for that. And you still have issues with the fact that the Valeo optics in those lights still can't focus HIDs correctly because they were not designed for them. In other words, you can't HIDs in Morettes either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
huh mine look great they don't blind on coming drivers and there are no hot and cold spots, the cut off is nice. all the problems I had with my stock headlights went away when I put the morrettes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uhh YOUR wrong, in order to use HIDs all one would need is this DDM Slim HID Kits (35w & 55w) but in order for them to function to their full capability you would then need to retrofit proper optics IE 04-05 STi Headlamps
yes that would work but because his headlights are halogen to proper run hids he would need to install hid projectors i.e such as D2S because they project the light properly and provid the correct cut off.

so you need HID projectors or HID reflective houseing you can check out Lightwerks if you want to learn more about it they are a projector retrofit service

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think you comprehend the idea of stare. Just as the main directing fact is under the line of sight it doesn't mean you won't be throwing light in others' faces. That and the fact that light do not travel in a conventional, single direction in situations like heavy fog. Your explanation works in the case of halogens, but when you install HID bulbs, which the optics weren't designed for, then a lot of that gets tossed out of the window.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Guys this post is 4 years old let it be.
@VANY please if you are interested in HIDs feel free to make a new thread, we are glad to answer your questions there. If you want HIDs look at retrofit source, they have everything you need to do a proper retrofit. Honestly there is no legal or road safe HID solution for $34.95

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guys this post is 4 years old let it be.
@VANY please if you are interested in HIDs feel free to make a new thread, we are glad to answer your questions there. If you want HIDs look at retrofit source, they have everything you need to do a proper retrofit. Honestly there is no legal or road safe HID solution for $34.95
my bad, I wasn't really looking at the date of the thread. but thank you for calling my attention. I will be more attentive with the dates from now on and as per as installing HID's, I don't mind paying a lil bit more than $34.95, infact I spent a few hundred bucks with my other car when the HID's first came out. So, for my WRX i will definitely going for some quality ones and those are definitely not $34.95!;)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.