Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The SPT is a good exhaust. You can find it for about $700 these days. I found mine for $350, but that price has disappeared. I'd go with mangnaflow if I were you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Get yourself a nice dp and catback with intake and get xpt stage 2, I am currently running it and i love it. My current setup consists of Invidia catless dp, Spt catback, Aem intake (due here wednesday, thanks redcharge) XPT Stage 2 map, Cobb Short Throw, Innovate WB, and a stripped out shift knob (stupid factory plastic threads!!) lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Get yourself a nice dp and catback with intake and get xpt stage 2, I am currently running it and i love it. My current setup consists of Invidia catless dp, Spt catback, Aem intake (due here wednesday, thanks redcharge) XPT Stage 2 map, Cobb Short Throw, Innovate WB, and a stripped out shift knob (stupid factory plastic threads!!) lol
I'm XPT stage 2 as well. Are you running the E85? Big diff over gas?

I probably will in the next week or so.

·
Registered
154 Posts
from what i've read before all you need for stage 2 is a DP and a tune. I wouldnt waist the money and get an aftermarket intake id go with the drop in filter unless the intakes on the 08 are as bad as you guys say they are. downpipe wise i think id go with cobb. i have heard alot of good stuff about them. if money is an issue there is a brand on ebay called SR*S. for under 200 bucks you can get an aftermarket dp. i dont recall if it is catted or not but i think it has a high flow cat on it. ive heard good stuff about this brand. they also sell uppipes for $80 catless with a flex joint and a spot for your egt if your a moron, and a catback for $200. but i heard that the catback is pretty loud and some people regret buying it. fitment on these items claim to be perfect oem replacements and people have commented saying that it was as well. i myself plan on getting a uppipe and DP real soon due to the fact that i just got my taxes back $$... good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can I chime in ?..........2008 WRX 5 door here ,

Mods are , perrin cai , perrin intercooler , invidia 3" downpipe , spt exhaust , and perrin stage 2 93 octane map wit perrin inatke !!!!!

I started with a cobb stage 2 map 93 octane , that required 3" exhaust ( stock intercooler allowed) , it was a huge improvement , maybe 210hp / 250tq to the wheels , but I wanted more , but the plastic intercooler can take only so much . So I moved on a and put a intercooler on , and a perrin intake with a injen hydro sheild , as usual , loaded up perrins stage 2 map , 17.5 peak tapering off to 10psi at redline . It was a huge difference , much more aggressive than a cobb stage 2 . I'm gonna guess 220hp/270tq , but who knows , I need a base line dyno . I've been driving like grandma for a week now , with city driveing Im getting 21.5 mpg , and that's when I'm not boosting so you have an idea , I'm most likely going to upgrade the turbine , its pissing me off , I wanna put down [email protected] at the most ..........enjoy the intake on 3 go !

·
Registered
108 Posts
from what i've read before all you need for stage 2 is a DP and a tune. I wouldnt waist the money and get an aftermarket intake id go with the drop in filter unless the intakes on the 08 are as bad as you guys say they are. downpipe wise i think id go with cobb. i have heard alot of good stuff about them. if money is an issue there is a brand on ebay called SR*S. for under 200 bucks you can get an aftermarket dp. i dont recall if it is catted or not but i think it has a high flow cat on it. ive heard good stuff about this brand. they also sell uppipes for $80 catless with a flex joint and a spot for your egt if your a moron, and a catback for $200. but i heard that the catback is pretty loud and some people regret buying it. fitment on these items claim to be perfect oem replacements and people have commented saying that it was as well. i myself plan on getting a uppipe and DP real soon due to the fact that i just got my taxes back $$... good luck.

Thats great , but a 2004 is way off from a 2008 . The 2008 is 2005 lgt platform.

·
Registered
14 Posts
bolt ons

HEADER
UP-PIPE
DOWN-PIPE
LIGHT WEIGHT PULLY
UPGRADE TMIC PERRIN
TURBO INLET PERRIN
COLD AIR INTAKE PERRIN
FULL CATBACK
PERRIN BOV RECIRC
MISHIMOTO RAD
COBB ACCESS PORT
STAGE 3 MAP-SEA LEVEL ( ABOUT 49 DEGREES F WHEN TESTED )
AND SOME STICKERS FOR EXTRA HP BOOST.... 5 HP PER STICKER

·
Registered
1 Posts
The catback makes a big difference on the 08's, it's not just for sound. I believe the stock 08 piping goes to 1.5" in the middle...
Yea it does and it is horrible for hp... lucky I live where e-check don't exist and I'm able to 3 in from the turbo back

21 - 31 of 31 Posts