Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yea, I got the extended one through the dealer. They basically said they are only concerned with its "drivability" and since technically the car works they can't find anything wrong with it. The first time I had the issue they drove it less than 3 miles.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
take it to another dealer.. Or talk to the service mgr.

You have to keep on em.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That sounds like the best option. This is a stupid question and I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but the car should not work like this at all, right? I've been told a few times that it will shudder at WOT and that's normal, but it never did when I first got it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
If everything is perfect, it shouldn't shudder/stutter/jerk. any mods yet?

·
Registered
401 Posts
No performance ones that I'm fully aware of, I know the car had a Perrin CAI that was removed, the turbo heat shield is all kinds of jacked up as if someone did a horrible job trimming it for a downpipe/bigger turbo. It does have a Perrin front strut brace, boost gauge and HID lights. It came with a factory installed short shift kit.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
When i had my 02' it did that and it was a broken spring in my forge bov. However sounds like your stock wierd. Clean out your air filter or try replacing it won't hurt probably isn't gonna help. Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere

·
Registered
401 Posts
So wanted to give an update on this and see if anyone has any more ideas. So the car is currently at the dealer and they still have no idea what's causing the issues. They determined that at 8psi cylinder 1 misfires but doesn't store the code. A vacuum/boost leak has been ruled out. A cylinder compression test was done with no issues. The coil packs were swapped around and it still misfires in cylinder 1. A fuel system cleaner was done b/c they found a buildup of carbon in the engine. This also did not resolve it. The dealer is stumped at this point and has reached out to their regional support. Any other suggestions out there? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
There might be a new block in your future if they can't find the issue.

·
Registered
401 Posts
They had never seen it before, they had my car for 3 days before they stumbled on the dirty injector. Don't think it's common, but I'm 100% positive it was bad when I bought it. Oh well, I'm pumped its finally fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resolved. I have a 2003 forester (I know it's not a WRX) with 195k miles. I had been having a problem that sounded similar to the initial post. Shuddering at 35mph while accelerating that would stop at 40mph(ish) and my check engine light would blink sometimes while this happened.
Right before dumping a bunch of money into my beater car I talked to a mechanic buddy that recommended replacing the sparkplug wires.
That was it. $40 and she runs like a dream again... just wanted to share on a thread I'd been following.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts