Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 WRX.
I am planning on installing the MAP intake and J-pipe, plus their OTS map and I have few questions I was hoping you could help me answer.
1. Is it OK to leave the stock cat back piping (mid pipe and axleusps tracking showbox speed test

back stock).? Would there be a problem by leaving the stock catback piping?
2. Is it ok to have the J-pipe to be 3” when the cat back stock is 2.5”? Of course I would put the adapter to make the connection, but I wonder if there would be a problem in the long term for having the stock cat back being smaller.
3. MAP provides their own OTS map, but I was wondering is someone have tried the COBB on that set up.
4. My understanding is the the J-pipe is the one that gives the most restriction and replacing that one along with the intake and the right tune will “unlock” a good amount of power, is that correct? Could this set up significantly reduce the durability of the engine?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m running a full MAP TBE and really like the setup. You will have no issues from running a smaller pipe after the J. Other than power loss.

The intake is loud if your Ok with that and the fact that it doesn’t have a box to keep the intake temps down. I’m not searching for every last HP so I picked up their stage 2 kit with the AP/intake/TBE.

After an Etune I’m running 292/317 via virtual dyno.
The WRX is still “slow” but fells a lot zippier which is what I was looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts