Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday it was a coolish night and went to do a little 2nd gear gear pull, and around 5000rpm's I went to shift and then all the sudden the car jerked. The ECL went on and the cruise control was flashing. Since I work at a dealership I ask a tech to read the code. And he told me it was something very minor code and was over boost because of a weak tune (bought the car with an open source tune). Since that I drove it around for a little bit seeing if everything felt fine. And i feel like the car is not making the same power it use to. The turbo still spoils fine and everything. I just doesnt seem it has the same power it had before. Does anybody have an ideas?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah. You said it yourself. Overboost. What happened is for some reason your boost hit the upper limit (usually around 1 psi above your max target boost but who knows with your tune. Could have been changed). Your car cut fuel in order to keep the turbo from spinning itself into oblivion and threw your car into limp mode. I notice it happens on my 06 WRX when I forget which car I am driving and try to pass someone on the highway in 4th or 5th. I own 2 other NA cars and I can basically punch it in any gear so sometimes I (or my wife) make that mistake.

Clearing the code will put your car back in good shape and no harm, no foul. The only thing that makes me wonder though. Why did it happen in 2nd? I've never personally had a problem in the lower gears, so it may be a good idea to get someone to look at your tune/wastegate settings (tune and mechanical) and see why that happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts