Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've owned a GTI for the past 2 years and I'm now looking to get into a WRX. I looked around and found some really clean ones that quickly sold before I could get my hands on them. However I have had my eye on one recently that looks really clean but does hold a rebuilt title.

Here's the link to the listing:

Let me know your guy's opinion. All of my buddies with Subarus are telling me its clean and I should go for it. A few things to note, the guy did show me where the damage was, its visible on the back rear bumper where the paint gradient changes from having to be repainted. He also did the water pump and timing belt a few months back, with receipts. He also said the previous owner put a new clutch in when he bought it so it only has 10-20k miles on it. He claims also that it has always had a stock drivetrain and at that he doesn't think previous owners had it modded. This does seem a bit sketchy to me considering that its already got a catback, lowering springs, halo headlights and engine bay dressing. He does have all necessary parts to go stage 2 which he is willing to throw in at the asking price. Whether I go for this or not idk, I'm not extremely knowledgeable about subarus so I figured I'd bring it here and get some better opinions. I don't want to be stuck with a lemon of a car that's going to give me problem after problem and have no resale value.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts