Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17' WRX base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads and lasses,
New poster to the sight as got tired of feeling isolated from my fellow community up here in Spokane. Tried to find a new kid on the block thread around this area and didnt find much as of recent posts. Proud owner of a stock 17 base (cause save money for the fun stuff) and shes finally running out on that sweet factory warranty...aka time to start thinking bigger!

Dont have the turbo creep quiet yet but would like to start doing the research on simple "diy" stuff like breaks, suspension, wheel and tire recommendations (Tire especially as the inland northwest goes from snow to rain to ice to sun in one day so a performance all season would be nice), and exhaust... all the exhaust...so rumble...very growl.

Looking forward to know better who I'm waving at. Any and all advice is appreciated.

-Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m really new to the Subaru scene, so I’m afraid I don’t really have much advice. But, that sounds like an absolutely awesome car! My 2003 WRX has a cat back exhaust system (from the prior owner). Just the cat back system doesn’t make it super loud but it adds a good amount of tone. Although I suppose “loud” is different for different people.

·
Registered
17' WRX base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true about loud. I'm not looking for really noise...that is meant for the track or forrest phase, haha. I've gotten soft in my "old age". A CB figured would be easiest/basic enough for starts. 03 sounds nice, bug eye fan myself but man finding one that is even close to a blank slate in these parts, might as well be looking for the ark of the covenant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts