Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been considering doing a minor turbo swap on my 07 Wrx. Im sitting at 80k miles with just a tune, full exhaust, and cold air intake. My original plan was to go with a vf48 and Sti intercooler. I found a really nice VF52 for sale and im wondering if this will also work for what im trying to achieve. If anyone wants anymore details about what else my setup might entail please ask.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ive been considering doing a minor turbo swap on my 07 Wrx. Im sitting at 80k miles with just a tune, full exhaust, and cold air intake. My original plan was to go with a vf48 and Sti intercooler. I found a really nice VF52 for sale and im wondering if this will also work for what im trying to achieve. If anyone wants anymore details about what else my setup might entail please ask.
No, not a VF52. The VF52 has a flange outlet on the compressor designed to work with the plastic end cap style intercooler like on the 08-14 wrx and previous gen LGT, OBXT, FXT and such. That style intercooler is also designed to work with the plastic manifold with the TB on the driver side (not center).

BUT

The VF52 is essentially the same turbo as a VF39 or VF48 and those ARE compatible with your car. You may need to change lines over and obviously get a tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts